Sunday, July 22, 2007

I'm about to embarrass myself

Okay, one quickie before I'm off: I have a new favorite show.

"Scott Baio Is 45 And Single"

Okay first off, the title is killer. What a way to cut to the chase! I have no real affection for Chachi - frankly I couldn't care less why he's 45 and single (although after watching the first episode I'm not tremendously surprised) - but the show is actually really compelling. He's - gasp - taking this stuff seriously! Who goes on reality television to deal with reality?! He seems genuinely upset about the fact that he can't commit and can't understand why. (His choice of wardrobe and women could have something to do with it. The whole long-sleeve-shirts-under-ironic-tees look? You're 45. Take a couple of Grow Up pills and call me in the morning. And don't get me started on your girlfriend...) But to me, the biggest question is not why Scott Baio Is 45 And Single, but how Scott Baio still manages to have an agent. Has he done anything since Charles In Charge? He must be making some kind of money because his house is amazing. Flat screen TV, koi pond, nice views... Those Happy Days residuals must be pretty freaking sweet, that's all I have to say.

Speaking of bad shows, anybody caught Rock of Love, the new Bret Michaels dating show? Le awesome, peeps. Le awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger X said...

I've seen it and it is somewhat compelling (although I only watched it when a better show was in commercial).

Oh, and he was on Arrested Development as Bob Loblaw, although he was not nearly as funny as Henry Winkler as Barry Zuckercorn (he's very good).

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home