Thursday, June 28, 2007

LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME!

I was flipping through channels the other day and I stumbled across the infamous WE show "Bridezillas". Now I will be the first to confess that I used to lurve "Bridezillas". Sure, part of me felt guilty about laughing at them, but come on - the show is called BRIDEZILLAS. It's not like they didn't know what they were getting into. But this episode was a real disappointment. The brides were all playing to the cameras, ramping up their bad behavior and bitchy bon mots. The question is: Why?

Which leads me to MTV's barf-tastic "My Super Sweet Sixteen". Again, do I watch? Guilty as charged. It's not so much that I care that these adolescent twits are spending oodles of daddy's money for one freaking day (see: "Bridezillas") but I just can't figure out why anyone would let their kid - or soon to be wife - go on a show like this. What is the appeal? Other reality shows I understand. If you manage to spin it just right, maybe you'll get a little dose 'o fame. (Hello Elizabeth Hasselbeck from "The View".) But the sole purpose of "Bridezillas" and "Super Sweet Sixteen" is to portray these people as horrible human beings. Where the win?

Seriously, Enquiring minds, peeps. Enquiring minds.

2 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

It kind of makes you wonder if they think they're going on a different show -- like the one where their families take away the wedding from the couple, and do all the planning in secret on a super tight budget.

Gasp!

Could there be *fraud* involved in reality tv?

12:38 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I miss my wife.

-hubby

2:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home