Tuesday, June 12, 2007

So the husband's up and leaving me for six weeks to go be a fancy writer in San Diego. He seems to have mixed feelings about it but alls I know is the dude gets to eat fresh sushi daily. He's staying on the UCSD campus and apparently their dining hall is hella better than the wilted-lettuce-and-watery-jello salad bar pickings I got in back in St. Louie. Along with the fresh sushi, they also have freshly made bread and desserts. What's there to feel mixed about?! (The man's going to come back so fat... Hey, we'll match!)

It's been another busy, busy week (hence the non-posting). Lots of late nights/early mornings, leaving me with very little that's exciting, unless you want to read about tomatoes at the farmer's market. (The tomatoes are totally in at the farmer's market!) Therefore I think it's time for another round of THINGS ALISHA LOVES!

- Did I mention the tomatoes at the farmer's market? Grab some mozzerella, some olive oil, pick a few leaves off your (now scary-big) basil plant and get to eating.

- Maybelline's Fabulash mascara
My life revolves around two things: the bathroom and my eye drops. This non-waterproof mascara doesn't run or flake and has nice, rich coverage. I've recommended it to several friends and they all rave. Highly recommend.

- Liz Lange Maternity at Target
I know, this belongs on another blog. The day I discovered that my pants no longer fit I ran screaming into the arms of Liz. I FULLY INTENDED TO RETURN EVERYTHING I ORDERED but the stuff, she is awesome. (FYI: Don't bother going to the store - rumor has it the selection is crap. Online is totally the way to go.)

- So You Think You Can Dance
OMG, so good.

- The peanut butter cups at Trader Joe's
Why the hell did I allow these into my life?

- The How Book: A Stadard Guide For The Home-Worker, The Business Man, and Mechanic
My aunt Sharon picked this book up at an "estate" (read: trailer) sale in backwoods Missouri a few years ago. Let me tell you, this thing is un-be-lievable. Published in 1913, not only does it offer stellar advice on How To Dress When Being Photographed and How To Be Agreeable When Visiting, but now I know How To Keep Butter Fresh In Summer, How To Do Business Under An Assumed Name, How To Tell Fortunes By Cards, and How To Treat Cholera. Invaluable stuff, peeps. (Bless you Sharon, for passing this on.)

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How DO you keep butter fresh in summer? I seriously would like to know.

On another subject, I can't seem to create the Google account I need to comment on your other blog. Am I just an idiot?

10:39 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Hmmm... when it comes to technical stuff like that (Google accounts, not butter) I know not. I wish I could be more help! Anybody else know?

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

When I try to use my new Google account username and password, it tells me it's the wrong password. I know I'm using the right one. This is so frustrating!

7:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home