Thursday, July 05, 2007

New Yorkers never cease to amaze me.

Today I had a very New York experience. There was a gang fight in the subway car next to mine and one of the guys got stabbed.

I discovered that there was a gang fight in the subway car next to mine because all of a sudden half the car went running to the window to watch. Not only did they watch, people actually cheered them on! Oh yeah! I'm sitting there panicking that they're going to pull out guns and storm our car (I was all set to scramble under the seats) but luckily we reached our stop without it raining bullets (or knives, whatever). As I was racing out of there I couldn't help but notice that most of the people from the stabbing car were wandering out all slow and easy, like nothing had happened. A few people did scream for the conductor to call 9-1-1 but aside from that it was business as usual.

Me? I hauled ass upstairs to safety. I got a kid in my belly, I don't need to feign cool.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There was an article in Wednesday's Capital-Journal about an incident in Wichita. A woman in a convenience store was stabbed and as she lay bleeding on the floor, people STEPPED OVER her and one even took a PICTURE with a cell phone! By the time somebody called 9-1-1 she was near death and she DID die at the hospital. Unbelievable!

8:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home