Monday, February 12, 2007

Or not.

Valentine's Day is coming up and, needless to say, I have nothing planned. I know I'm supposed to hate Black Wednesday with its overpriced heart-shaped nonsense and disastrous, forced attempts at "romance" but for some reason it's always been one of my faves. Easter has better candy (I'm talking to you, Cadbury creme eggs) and Christmas has trees, but Valentine's Day has the perfect blend of superficiality and hope that grabs me every time.

Anybody got plans? If I was a guessing gal, I'd say that:
- baldandeffective and his little lady will roll a fattie and hit the clubs, thug-style
- Mr. and Mrs. Babble will chuck the babes at grandma's and take a road trip to Branson to see that Japanese fiddle player
- Buffy will be spotted at the midtown Scientology Center wearing only one boot
- Stef will finally finish up that penis cozy she's been working on for months
- Mr. McWatters will be overheard telling a Starbuck's counterperson to "chillax"
- Lisa P (to whom blogger won't let me link) will cover herself in chocolate and tassles and surprise the hell out of her husband
- Sassy will purchase a pair of tap shoes and announce that she's "gonna make it on the Great White Way!" (Yes, she actually says that.)
- Val eats fifty eggs
- Mare-Mare will unexpectedly announce that she's running for President and then quickly recant after realizing that she did, indeed, inhale
- mom will finally return Sam Shepard's phone calls. Finally.

For those unnamed - faithful readers all - I wish you nothing but candy and roses (or beer and strippers, whatevs) on this most festive of Valentine's Days.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You BET I inhaled. Why bother, otherwise?

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd totally go for the chocolate. Saucey! Hubby is less of a fan. He would probably drool with delight if I could arrange for a Mountain Dew bong in the proximity of my ta-tas and a pizza slice over my belly button.

12:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder why I won't link. Maybe because I don't have a blogger.com address?

www.useyourwisdom.com

12:10 PM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

How wrong you are, mon ami! I'll be boozing it up in South Dakota with the bison and bear. Boo yah!

And two boots. Fuzzy ones. It's cold out there.

2:27 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Ooohh if ONLY. (not really)

I will however feel as though I am in Branson whilst I spend my evening rehearsing and being forced to hear old hillbilly country music.

That shit does NOT get out of your head.

YOur CHEATin heeaarrrrrtttt will maaaake you weeeeeeeeppppp.....

See...it is all I hear in my head anymore.

7:08 PM  
Blogger Dan G said...

The only fattie I'll be rolling is my belly. It will, however, be thug-style.

10:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dammit! Now Jessica will find out about Sam & I and I'll have to break his heart and end our long affair (for the sake of his kids).

10:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home