Friday, February 09, 2007

There are actually important things going on in the world

At the risk of going to Hell for mocking the deceased, somebody explain to me why everyone's making such a fuss over Anna Nicole Smith. I guess her death is shocking (sort of), but good Lord it was all anybody could talk about last night! On MSNBC they had four hours of uninterrupted coverage. How do you fill FOUR HOURS about Anna Nicole Smith? I'll tell you how - by saying the same thing over and over and over and over. ("She apparently collapsed in her hotel room", "It appears that she collapsed in her hotel room", "I believe she may have collapsed in her hotel room") And today they've started doing tributes. Tributes. Not to be heartless, but am I missing something? Was she a huge cultural icon? Because I was under the impression that she was a drugged up Trimspa spokesperson who once had sex with an old guy. Am I missing the greater picture?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, you are missing the greater picture. What happened to the shot of Anna with the MTV on her tits? That's the greater picture.

It will be the loss of pictures like that that I was at half-mast for most of the day.

11:23 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Sorry Chad, Anna's rock solid, fish bowl-sized melons had to go. Trust me, it was for the greater good. (The good of my eyeballs, that is; they were tired of being accosted by those paint-covered fun bags every time I opened this page. Whose job was it to paint that logo on her hooters anyway? Man, that poor, poor intern...)

12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best. Job. Ever.

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree, Ali. Lots of more important things going on. She was a no-talent golddigging freak. Let's all move on to something more newsworthy.

11:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home