Sunday, August 13, 2006

I'm off like a dirty shirt. (Screw Two and a Half Men. I miss Ducky.)

We didn't end up seeing "An Inconvenient Truth" because somebody was worried that it might be a downer. Instead we decided to watch a movie about marching penguins - which was a total downer, if you ask me. (No matter how you phrase it, Morgan Freeman, whether the penguins "disappeared into a field of white" or "went to sleep", I know you mean "dead".) Dead birds aside, the movie is fantastic, but watching them brave the brutal, gut-stabbing cold I couldn't help thinking about the poor fuckers who were filming the thing... (When it's 50 below BEFORE the wind chill? Mutherfuck!)

Speaking of harsh conditions, I read that they're filming "Into The Wild". It's a great book and I'm really curious, I just don't know if I can sit there and watch a guy starve to death while working my way through a bag of popcorn.

Quick THINGS ALISHA LOVES before I head out -

- Dr. Bronner's Pure Castille Soap

Yes, the bottle with all the crazy shit on it. Apparently when "Dr." Bronner died, his family wanted to make the packaging a little more subtle, a little less nutjob, but he put in his will that his soap bottle preaching had to stay put. (I see it as a bonus, frankly.) Regardless, the soap is great. It's totally non-toxic and environmentally-friendly (which is why every "going green" article I've read recommends it) and it works really well for general cleaning. I use it when I mop to make the house smell great (lavender). I also refill my empty liquid hand soap bottle with it (you'll have to wash a few seconds longer then you do with, say, Dial, but it smells way better and the bottle will last for months) and use it when I clean the litter box (if you choose the peppermint soap your cats will be thrilled).

A word of caution: While most people use Dr. Bronners on their body, I don't recommend using it on your lady parts. Particularly the peppermint. I'm not saying how I know that it's not a good idea... just take my word for it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There must be something about mint and tender areas of the body. I had a sample of Aveda Rosemary Mint body wash and unwittingly used it ALL over. Wooey! Ouch! Won't ever do THAT again! I then neglected to warn the hubster about not using it in the pubic region and he had the same experience! These manufacturers really need to print a warning on their labels, don't you think?

5:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home