Sunday, August 06, 2006

And catsit.

Bargain of the Day:

Old English Caramel Cake Kit from Williams-Sonoma

Regular price: $24.00 (which somehow seems okay when you're all wrapped up in that fancy-pants, free samply, pretty-pretty Williams-Sonoma vibe and want something special for dessert. Until you get home and realize you've just spent $24 for cake mix, that is.)

Sale price: $3.99

Which could lead me into a gigantic, hyperbolic diatribe on the insane markups at the Big Boy chains and "how dare they" and "who do they think they are" and such, but I have to go to Bed, Bath and Beyond and buy a new shower curtain.

(Yes, I checked the expiration date. It's good 'till November.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

$24.00 for a cake mix?????? You lie!!! NOOOOOOO! I'm so ashamed of Williams-Sonoma.

9:48 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

It's true. $23.99. Even I couldn't make up a price as ridiculous as that.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home