Monday, July 31, 2006

Celebutation!

The man and I went to see Clerks II last night. I never really got into the first one - the acting was so bad that it distracted me from any potential comedy - but this one was pretty good! Stupid, sure, but Kevin Smith is tops when it comes to clever dialogue. The acting is still iffy (I'm talking to you, guy who plays Dante) but Rosario Dawson delivers a fine performance in a completely unbelievable plotline (and yes, Carters, she is indeed smokin') and I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Jason Mews, heroin habit be damned. (I hear he's clean now after a stint in rehab and a co-hab with Kevin Smith and his wife. That must've been some crazy house.)

Anyways, I've had this fucking song stuck in my head ever since the credits rolled - "Frustrated Incorporated" by Dave Pirnir's band. I wonder what happened to that guy? Not that I ever really cared for him (he looked very stinky and his hair tortured me) but he was a reasonably successful grunge rocker and as far as I know, hasn't made a peep since - not even as a "celebrity" judge or Surreal Life roomie. (Which, come to think of it, ups my respect significantly.) I always just wonder what former celebs do with their time once they're no longer working. It's not like the brother can grab a job stocking shelves at Home Depot (nor does he need to, all that money from "Runaway Train"). He was engaged to Winona Ryder for awhile - another AWOLer. I know she has another movie coming out but it's been, what, five years since Girl, Interrupted? I know she had that pesky shoplifting trial to contend with but as someone who knows what it's like to sit around waiting for the phone to ring, I can't imagine the frustration. Does Winona do her own grocery shopping? Does she fill her days bedding future rock stars and going to premiers? Did she get dropped by her agent? These are the things I want to know.

I also want to be a fly on the wall in the new Courtney Love/Billy Corgan household. They're living together now, did you know that? ("Disfunction Junction, how's that fuuuunction?") Man, I don't even want to know... Except that I really want to know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

I loved Clerks II! Yes Dante and Best Friend were a bit rough in some places but it was so fun.

Loved the refs to Clerks, and the over the top, over the top parts. And Jay and Silent Bob were awesome as always.

I hear Jason is in a movie with Paris Hilton. I will see that.

12:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home