Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Were you raised in a barn?

I've been working my keister off so there's been no time for sweet blogging. Today is no exception but I wanted to leave you with this little gem.

Here's why I hate rich people. I was passing a tray of mini roast beef sandwiches (excuse me, "Roast beef with carmelized onions and honey dijon on chive buttermilk biscuits") at a certain upscale auction house. This suit sauntered up, grabbed a sandwich, took a bite, said "Too rare" and PUT IT BACK ON MY TRAY.

Oh yes he did.

4 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

Oh yeah, definitely a barn, but an antique post-colonial split-level barn, on its original 10 acres, with valuable vintage farm equipment included! Stupid self-important rich people.

10:35 AM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Ali,

I honestly could not do the catering thing. I'd get too angry at their egocentrism and be forced to shove those sandwiches up unintended orifices.

But I'm mean like that...

11:17 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a f*cking jerk. If I did your job, I'd probably spit on quite a few of those succulent morsels you have to hand out. I don't know how you manage to hold your tongue so well in those situations. I admire your restraint.

2:21 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

I may hold my tongue, but the look on my face says it all.

9:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home