Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Got 'stache?

As part of the Gunderman's birthday blow out, he, me, and his darling missus decided to do something a little different. Something a little unusual. Something a bit... hirstute. That's right, we went to the New York City Beard and Mustache Competition! Which was just as awesome as it sounds! (Actually it wasn't quite as awesome as it sounds, mostly due to my inability to tolerate excessively hot, crowded places and the stench of beer and vomit. But it was still pretty good.)

There were waxy little curlique 'staches. There were beards that overfloweth. There was also a large number of pirates and Civil War reinactors, but surprisingly few hippies. I wish they'd announced the judging criteria because some of my favorites were robbed, but the whole thing had a flying-by-the-seat-of-our-pants sort of vibe so I guess I should be glad they even had judges. I had to leave before Mr. Facial Hair NY was crowned (dammit!) but I bet it was good.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dan G said...

Overall winner was, of course, Heinz Christopher, who came all the way from Germany to compete. Once my computer's back in action, I'll send the photo of you and Heinz.

5:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home