Thursday, May 04, 2006

Ali's ipod

Since I'm trying valiantly to stay awake until my husband gets home from game night, I've spent the evening scouring the celebrity playlists on itunes. What did I learn from this monumental time waster?

- Celebrities love to out-obscure each other. (I'm talking to you, Kiefer.)
- Mandy Moore needs to step away from the emoticons.
- I'm slightly in love with Sondre Lerche.
- The cast from The Office has a playlist. Aside from the girl who takes it really seriously, it's pretty great.
- Kathy Griffin is my hero for admitting her love of NSYNC.

And what about Alisha's list? Funny you should ask...

- "Funny Little Feeling" (Rock 'n Roll Soldiers)
No, it's not because they were just featured on MTV's True Life: I Got My Big Break. I've loved this song for months. MONTHS, dammit! Sometimes I pretend that I'm a 60's go-go dancer shimmying along to it while I'm on the treadmill. I might occasionally get so into it I trip. But only a little.

- "Once In A Lifetime" (Talking Heads)
I can't listen to this song without picturing the big white suit. God, that was a great suit.

- "Four Seasons In One Day" (Crowded House)
Neil Finn has one of the best voices out there. Turning me on Crowded House is one of the only things I can thank my ex for. It was worth dating him just for that. Well, almost.

- "Extraordinary Machine" (Fiona Apple)
I really get into Fiona. Even when she was crazy and came out with that 1,200 word cd title and did a whole lot of coke and dated David Blaine. Girl can write a good song.

- "Refugee" (Melissa Etheridge)
I was riding in a car in St. Louis the first time I heard this and almost had to tell beloved family members to zip it so I could listen. That would've gone over well.

- "Dance Me To The End Of Love" (Madeleine Peyroux)
I am in a French cafe, smoking skinny cigarettes while bathed in blue light...

- "Another One Bites The Dust" (Queen)
I first heard this song while sitting in the cafetorium at McCarter Elementary, watching a group of 6th grade boys at the annual talent show. They wore towels and fell down a lot. And just like this song, it was awesome.

- "Shake That" (Eminem)
Yeah, this one... Okay, sometimes I pretend that I'm a rapper? And male? And sometimes I just gotta sing about bitches and weed. Word.

- "Feel Good, Inc. (Gorillaz)
Try not to dance to this. (mmm shaka-laka mmm. mmm-mmm.)

- "Coolsville" (Rickie Lee Jones)
My mom had this album when I was a kid and I used to stare at it, trying to imagine being as cool as Rickie. I still want to be as cool as Rickie. Why didn't my mom name me Rickie?

- "Everyone's Rooting For You" (Sondre Lerche)
I like to imagine that Sondre follows me around, singing about how inspirational I am. Man, that would be spectacular. Can anybody arrange that?

Please note, not a single emoticon was killed in the making of this list.

1 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I read Mandy Moore's list a while back. I don't remember the icons, but I noticed that her musical choices seem to be influenced by her man. Now I am going to have to check it out again.
Dammit.
I am supposed to be exercising and cleaning the kitchen.
Not simlutaneously.
I'm good, but not that good.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home