Saturday, May 20, 2006

Er, WHA---?!

You know how people say that actors are never satisfied because they can never reach that plateau where they can finally feel like they've made it? Well my friends, I received this email last night and the awesomeness of it cannot be described. Believe it or not (I'm not sure I do), someone out there actually wants my autograph. For reals. Which is... which is... truth be told, a little odd.

"Hi Alisha, I enjoyed your column in the 5/18/06 Topeka CJ. I wondered if I could ask you to send my son an autographed photo of yourself. He is also a graduate of Topeka West (class of '05, now a freshman at Washburn). He was active in theatre and got the award for excellence in stagecraft when he graduated. He has a small, but good, collection of autographed photos of actors and actresses (including Kristen Chenoweth and Chita Rivera!). I'm sure he would be surprised and pleased if your photo arrived in the mail. His name is ____, and our address is _____. If there is a cost (e.g., postage), please let me know and I will gladly reimburse you. Meanwhile, good luck with your acting career! Thanks very much. Karen _____ ( ____'s mom.)"

My first thought was that his had to be a joke. It's got to be a joke, right? Don't get me wrong, I'm flattered, but come on! This poor kid's going to laugh his balls off when it shows up in his mailbox. Chita Rivera, Kristin Chenowith - and me. My ego is well documented but even I can't bring myself to send out autographed headshots with a straight face.

I seriously have no idea how to respond to this.

And Perfessor, if this is your doing, I know where you live.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I can vouch that the perfessor had nothing to do with it.

Can I have one too? I promise to frame it (eventually, we have yet to frame the painting Jay gave us well over 10 years ago, but we plan to soon.) and give it a place of honor in our home.

3:09 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Ooh, we want one too!!!

2:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home