Thursday, May 18, 2006

The kids are all right.

There are many reasons why I love my husband. He's charming, smart, as well as a fine fixer of things, but a few nights ago he went above and beyond. We're talking going-the-extra-mile-and-then-some beyond. Capital B-E-Y-O-N-D beyond.

He went to the ballet.

We got free tickets from Billy's mom and for some crazy reason, Matt actually wanted to go. I tried to talk him out of it (maybe he thought the men in tights would fly?) but he wouldn't budge. He got his fancy coat on, slicked back his hair and sat through minutes - MINUTES! - of dance. (It turned out to be a really short program.) Still - he went!

I have never loved him more.

I babysat Billy last night. He spent the evening explaining the fundamentals of teleportation to me. A sampling (and yes, I quote):

"It annihilates all matter between two spaces, which is the basis for warp drives. I read about it in Popular Science."

Good times.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home