Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Don't kill me, O.

I did it. Hauled myself out from under my cozy down comfortor to hit the gym at dawn. I've started getting up at 7:00 now - it feels much more humane than 6:30. I fed the sleepy cats, battled a gigantic, man eating roach and settled on my couch with my tea and an Oprah mag I stole from the gym. I sooooo want to mock Oprah. It's there, right on the tips of my fingers the mocking, but oh how she defeats me. I start out all smirky at 10 Ways To Improve Your Life TODAY!!! but halfway through, there I am taking notes. Suddenly I find myself thinking, Yeah - I can call in my destiny! I start to get all excited about my life (just like Oprah said to!) and then immediately begin to feel weird because once you start buying into O's world, it's a slippery, slippery slope to taping Dr. Phil.

By the way, I swear I saw Jessica Simpson walking near Central Park. She's an unusual shade of tan and she's had some kind of work done - her lips are huuuuge.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Yeah, I've heard the thing about her lips. Apparently when she first got them done they were so large and awful, she would walk around covering them up. Hilarious.

Oh, and if you end up taping Dr. Phil - I will dis-own as my aunt and downgrade you to "that woman my uncle lives with and calls wife."

12:43 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I know someone who tapes Dr. Phil. But I'm not telling you who.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home