Saturday, January 07, 2006

Here she goes!

Okay, okay, I'll do it! The 7's and the 4's and whatever else you throw out that lets me be incredibly narcissistic and prevents me from having to mess with our new shredder and put away our Christmas stuff and clean off the craft table!

7 things I want to do before I die:
- Figure out what I want to do with my life, do it, and get paid handsomely for it.
- Buy a home.
- Have some kids.
- See the Northern Lights.
- Stay in one of those all-inclusive eco resorts in the Galapagos Islands (or wherever. I'm not picky.)
- Publish something that I'm proud of, that other people like too.
- Be on a regular on a series. (Such an old dream, but the fucker keeps hanging on...)

7 things I can't do:
- Sing really well.
- Understand higher level mathematics.
- Resist gossip.
- Make a basket. (The sporty kind.)
- "Hold it" for long periods of time.
- Not take stuff that's free, even if I don't actually want it.
- Knit.

7 things that attract me to other people (leaving aside the blatantly obvious, like humor and compassion and liking me.) :
- Accents. (But not Boston or New York or New Jersey. Or Chicago. Or Wisconsin.)
- Big noses. (Adrian Brody, not Gerard Depardieu.)
- Cold, hard cash!
- Discernable talent.
- Patience.
- A soupcon of geekiness.
- Facial hair. (A bit of scruff, not Rip Van Winkle.)

7 things I say most often:
- Oh my God!
- Awesome!
- It doesn't make SENSE! (Whenever something frustrates me, whether it be something truly mind-boggling or a jar that won't unscrew.)
- Would you care for a _____? (Insert hors d'oeuvre.)
- Wait, I have to pee.
- PAY ATTENTION TO ME!
- General whiny noises.

7 books or series I love:
- Little House, especially "These Happy Golden Years"
- Memoirs of a Geisha
- Franny and Zooey
- The East Village INKY (Technically not a book; Ayun Halliday's 'zine about raising her kids in the East Village. Well now they live in Brooklyn since her husband wrote the Broadway smash "Urinetown" but since I had drinks with them once years ago when I was dating a guy who was in a show with them, I like to pretend we have a connection. Regardless, the 'zine is awesome.)
- FOUND magazine (I'm including magazines because they're practically like books.)
- BUST
- Cottage Living/Budget Living/Real Simple

7 movies I can watch over and over:
- When Harry Met Sally
- My So-Called Life (TV counts. See "Magazines")
- Baz Luhrmann's Romeo and Juliet (only certain scenes, but over and over)
- A Christmas Story
- Firefly
- Peter Pan (the newest version starring the guy who's wasted as Lucius Malfoy)
- Best Week Ever

Four places you've been on vacation:
- Ireland
- Scotland
- Cozumel
- Paris

Four websites you visit daily
- Your blogs
- Gawker
- My bank (gotta keep an eye on those finances)
- Go Fug Yourself

Four of your favorite foods (Why isn't this one of the 7's?):
- Chips and salsa
- Shrimp cocktail
- Bread pudding with warm burbon sauce
- French bread with brie

Four places you'd rather be:
- In my very own bungalow in Asheville, NC surrounded by friends and family (if we all magically lived there)
- In my very own craftsman-style home in Northern California, surrounded by friends and family (if we all magically lived there)
- In my very own former sea shanty in Portland, Maine, surrounded by friends and family (if we all magically lived there)
- On my very own former farm turned artist's colony (minus the annoying artists) in Vermont, surrounded by friends and family (if we all magically lived there)

Four albums you can't live without (Let's do songs instead!)
- "Refugee" - Melissa Etheridge
- "Extraordinary Machine" - Fiona Apple
- "Island In The Sun" - Weezer
- "Desperado" - The Langley School Music Project

Four magazines you read: (in addition to the ones that counted as books)
- Jane (no likee the new editor, though. May have to surrender this one soon.)
- Vanity Fair
- US Weekly

Four colors you like (not necessarily together):
- Chocolate Brown
- Tiffany Blue
- Pumpkin
- Plum

Four Hollywood stars you want to have a drink with:
- Vince Vaughn
- Will Farrell
- Hugh Laurie (but only if we were both single and he acted like Dr. House)
- Ted Casablancas, the E! gossip guy (but only if he promised not to talk in that practically indescipherable patois he's developed and was willing to talk trash)

My new category! Four things you always have in your fridge:
- Soy milk
- Our Brita pitcher
- A half-empty can of cat food
- Ground flaxseed meal

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Surprisingly, a lot of this stuff I felt like I already knew. I guess it is because of how open and sharing you are in your blog, right? Or maybe it's because I'm psychotic. (Or psychic; take your pick.)

12:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home