Saturday, December 24, 2005

"Ur" everthing to me

I found the greatest thing yesterday on the subway - a neatly folded square of a note left on a seat. The scrawl is a bit shaky (the subway isn't conductive to fine penmanship) but it reads:

I know what I want
for Xmas

the gift of your
open embrace

the heartwarming
sound of ur (sic) laughter

the smile on ur (sic) face

memories & secrets
for sharing

(something unintelligable) made just
for two

First draft of a marriage proposal? Really romantic rap lyrics? While it's not the best piece of writing, there's something heartwarming about this little thing. It's so unprofessional and unpolished I can't help but love the poor guy. (Still, must resist - Urge! To! Mock!)

Merry Christmas, mystery dude. I hope she says yes.

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

What does (sic) mean? Seriously, I've been a reader for quite awhile now, and have no idea what it means. Please enlighten me.

11:31 AM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

"Been a reader" as in I've had the ability for quite some time; not as in I have been a faithful reader of your blog and therefore deserve tech support.

11:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home