Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Best Thing I Saw Today

There's a pizza joint down the block from us that I walk past every day. They have one of those outdoor sound systems that blares 70's and 80's rock 24/7, generally annoying all who pass. (Read: me) But every so often Dancing Man appears - and suddenly everything is all right. Dancing Man looks exactly like a grey headed Willie Nelson and loves to boogie, preferably with a cigarette dangling out of his mouth, while - wait for it - wearing a bright orange Haliburton jumpsuit. Today he was getting down to the Bee Gee's "Tragedy" ("TRAGEDY! blah-blah-blah, blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah-blah, TRAGEDY!") He never asks for money - actually he never even speaks - he just gets down.

He's not there that often but when he is, it's a good day.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

That is what I am going to do when I retire. Put on my my my my my boogie shoes and boogie with...no one or anyone. (that doesn't rhyme as nicely as the song does though.)

On an unrelated note. I STILL have that damn Chicago song running through my head after that game on Saturday. I may have to put in a request to the local oldies station to get it out!!

9:51 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

As long as he's nothing like the dancing Six Flags guy. He creeps me out.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home