Tuesday, January 03, 2006

I will not sigh heavily when someone walks too slow in front of me. I will not sigh heavily...

I notice that there's been very little mention of New Year's resolutions on my fellow blogger's pages. Perhaps resolutions are soooo '05 but I think they're important. Whether or not you actually keep them is beside the point - I think it's just good to have something to aim for. (I'll check back in eleven months and see which ones I flaked on. Or is it, "on which ones I flaked"? Clearly grammer revisitation should be included...)

- Finish writing my book.
- Start writing my book.
- Wait - am I writing a book?
- Get articles published in BUST, Jane, Chow, and Time Out New York (Why not aim high?)
- Save enough money for a kitchen table (that will be placed in the living room as we barely have enough room for ourselves in the kitchen)
- Figure out what's causing the weird "morning breath" stink in the bedroom.
- Get color headshots.
- Put the max into our ROTH accounts.
- Learn to be more patient. (I'll tell you right now, that one's never gonna make it.)
- Hang out with a friend at least once a week.
- Go do something New York-y at least once every other week so I can stop bitching about how I live in this fantastic city and never do anything.
- Learn to make one signature meal.
- Take a writing class.
- Make handmade cards more often.
- Purchase a painting by Heather Smith Jones. (There's one at Signs of Life Gallery in Lawrence that's only $1100, if someone wants to knock this one off for me.)
- Write more letters instead of lazing out and resorting to email.
- Pay off Matt's student loan. (This will be aided tremendously if someone helps out with that Heather Smith Jones thing.)
- Get to a level of fitness where my potbelly doesn't rest against my thighs when I sit.
- Grow my hair out.

I'm sure there's more but I've got to pee. How those poor sons of bitches held it for seven hours on New Year's Eve, I'll never know.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

I resolved many years ago not to make resolutions, and I've managed to keep that resolution all this time, so I figure why screw it up now?

2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home