Monday, January 02, 2006

Look out, Kirstie.

When did I become a person who naps?

While I was in Kansas, I slept an average of a trillion hours a day. I'd go to sleep at around 10, wake up at 8 - that's ten hours of sleep - yet require an hour nap at around 1:00. Eleven hours of sleep. Only newborns and narcoleptics require eleven hours of sleep. Combine that with the amount of food I consume in an average day and it I suddenly become a poster child for about four of the seven deadly sins. (We might as well throw "envy" in there too, as I sit on my keister and watch Laguna Beach.) This is partially why I'll be attending my first Weight Watchers meeting this Thursday. I feel a little stupid announcing it (Hello, ridicule! I still remember what happened when I announced that I was going to go into the Peace Corps during my Sophomore year...) but I figure if I put it out there then I'll be forced to go. I'm not trying to drop much, but I am trying to help myself get a little leaner for pilot season. (You know, that season I never audition for?) Plus Weight Watchers is cheap, ya'll. $13 a week, and no stupid food buying. I figure I ought to do it while there's no catering work because trying to avoid the brie en croute (that's brie wrapped in phyllo dough, topped with apricot jam, served warm) is akin to not harboring romantic fantasies about that rascally Dr. House.

I'll let you know how it goes. And as Stefanie reminded me recently, if I publish something about it I can even write it off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Weight Watchers!?! . . . . .what????

6:19 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

From someone with an ample belly, I say that you certainly don't NEED to diet, but do what will make you happy. And at least you're not considering Atkins or the South Bronx Kiwi diet...

2:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home