Monday, January 09, 2006

I'm gonna blow!

First things first: In one month I'm changing the URL of my blog to www.lies-all-lies.blogspot.com, instead of goaskali. This means that if you try to go to goaskali in one month, you won't find me. So write this down: lies-all-lies.blogspot.com. Are we good? Good.

Okay so technically I haven't actually made it to Weight Watchers yet. Yet! The branch near me only has meetings in the mid-afternoon which interferes with my babysitting stint. I'm also starting to get a little nervous about going as I'm realizing that I'll actually have to give up things I like to eat, like Newman O's and cheese, which makes me all crochety and mean. Don't ask me how I'm going to cope at catering as it is physically impossible for me not to eat the hors d'oeuvres. I was discussing this dilemma with the other waiters last night and all agreed that hors d'oeuvre snatching is one of the sacred pleasures of cater waitering. They're always so interesting and small! And after sixteen guests have just hissed "Excuse me!" and grabbed your arm and made you hate them by laughing in your face when you tell them that something is organic ("ORGANIC MEAT?! Does it even have MEAT in it?! What is it, SOY?!") and made you get all snippy in your response ("Do you know what organic means?") and then hate yourself because they're all from the South and thought they were being funny and are now all sad faced by your superior tone, then by god you deserve that tiny organic meatloaf on brioche! Hell, you deserve six!

And no, I DIDN'T get up at 6:30 this morning to go to the gym! Aw man, don't get me started...

7 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Deep Breaths and Chocolate, that is the answer.

12:46 PM  
Blogger The Girl in Black said...

Does something happen if you want to keep a blog address for more than a year?

1:15 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

No, I just have this weird fixation on the fact that my URL and my blog name don't sync. Plus I always worry that if I ever become blog famous (a girl can dream) that people won't be able to find it... Sad but true.

5:51 PM  
Blogger The Girl in Black said...

No worries. I'm an Aquarian. No level of weird fixation is too weird for me.

Wait, that didn't sound right...

5:58 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

I thought you quit catering.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

I still enjoy (usually) working for the smaller companies so those are the ones I decided to focus on - versus the big mama jama that I hated. But even the small ones still blow sometimes.

8:52 PM  
Blogger Amanda said...

That's why I changed my blog-dress - just in case of blog-fame and ease of connecting the dots.

Man, what imaginary worlds we create.

12:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home