Saturday, September 03, 2005

One more thing about Katrina and then I'll stop

Swiped this from my friend Valerie's blog (who swiped it from a Canadian woman's blog) and I thought it summed things up nicely.

"I just want you to know--I don't know if the American media is covering this at all, and I suspect it isn't--but I just want you to know that this is the news in Canada right now. Whatever beefs we have with the American government with softwood lumber and the war in Iraq and all the rest, the vast majority of us don't confuse the American people with the American government--and everyone I've talked to is shocked and horrified that the response is taking so long, that more hasn't been done yet. I will never forgive a government that can so quickly send in troops and guns to protect property, and doesn't think to send those troops along with a few bags of sandwiches and some fucking blankets. There's no excuse. Many of us are outraged on your behalf."

Amen, sister.

(Thanks to Val. http://home.earthlink.net/~vekann/. By the way, her office is making matching donations to the American Red Cross so if you plan on donating, do it through her and the money will be doubled!)

2 Comments:

Blogger Valerie said...

Tripled even...

yours in zoiksun,
Val

12:19 AM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

And I thought my opinion of Bush couldn't sink any lower.

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home