Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Look at me! Look at me!

Excuse me whilst I gloat: I just figured out a really complicated two-step SUMIF fuction on my Excel homework! It took me 45 minutes (many a Kleenex lost its life - frustration makes me teary) but by God, I did it! This is a major accomplishment for someone who hasn't used the book-learnin' part of her brain since... uh... way back.

=SUMIF(G10:G16,"under",F10:F16)-SUMIF(G10:G16,"under",E10:E16)

Just look at that, will ya? (And for all those smarty-pants, "real job"-having folks who deal with this insanity daily, this is MY parade. RAIN-FREE!)

I am so very, very intelligent.

6 Comments:

Blogger Ali said...

Anonymous, I think I hate you.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Way to go Alisha. I went through a 4 day excel training about a year ago and I was very frightened of that part of excel so I just pretended and vowed to never put myself in a position to have to use it. So I am impressed.

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel stupid. What the hell is SUMIF? Thank God I don't need to use Excel in my line of work! All I know how to do is set up a simple table in Excel. I'm proud of you! And, yes, you ARE very intelligent; you take after your mother. (Hi, Cam!)

9:13 AM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Way to go, Ali!

11:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ew, ew, ew! I know what the formula means, too! Now, if I could only get it to work.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Hmm...odd. I've heard of BrooklynGirl and BloggingBaby.com is an awesome parenting blog. I can't imagine they would condone anonymous to use thier names in vain.

Have a mzmvlelc day!

:)
Val

11:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home