Tuesday, August 30, 2005

Isn't it time to eat again, eh?

British art auctioneer to quiet crowd:
"People, this isn't Christie's. We're on the bloody Fun Ship in the middle of the Atlantic. When somebody wins, I want you to make some noise!"

Dad insists on racing me to our cabin. We're only allowed to power-walk, but room service trays and unsuspecting maids make great obstacles.

Day 2 - St. John, NB

By God Canadians are friendly! Want to cross in the middle of the street? Go ahead, they'll totally stop! Like Victorian homes? The deputy mayor will invite you to tour her house! (A true story, folks.) There's so much good will it makes you want to hit someone with your purse, just to see if they'd thank you.

There was a group of little kids (age 6, maybe) playing in the park with some camp counselors. For some odd reason they were all dressed in Halloween costumes. There was a tiny princess and a tiny witch and a tiny little Batman who would start screaming "YOU'RE STEALING MY SOOOOOUL!" whenever I took his picture.

I had my first lobster roll. It was roughly the size of a hot dog but still cost $15.

I can't stop eating. Tonight I had grouper followed by a smidgen of chicken stir-fry and half a turkey sandwich, and a salad (for balance). I'm chasing it with a banana split while watching BINGO in the lounge. I've also nicked 6 individual boxes of cereal and a protein shake.

1 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Free food is a dangerous, dangerous thing...

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home