Saturday, March 03, 2007

See "Knowledge Nugget #2"

At this gym today I noticed a sign for an upcoming blood drive. While I wholeheartedly support donations - organ, sperm, financial - I've always steered clear of the blood-giving kind. Heart surgery at an impressionable age left me with a bit of a needle thing, but after being diagnosed with a thyroid condition that requires monthly blood draws, my condition has gone from "PHOBIC-PHOBIC-PHOBIC!!!" (requiring Valium, baby needles, and significant amounts of hand-holding) to "general dislike" (still requiring significant amounts of hand-holding). That said, I actually considered doing it.

Why?

Free $5 Starbucks card.

Screw things like discomfort and fear! FREE STARBUCKS CARD!
($5 would almost cover the price of a soy chai latte, right?)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home