Sunday, February 25, 2007

I've spent the last two days knee-deep in tax preparation. Ten hours of tax prep, people. TEN MUTHERFARKING HOURS! It's not just about time-consuming itemization here at Lies! All Lies!, oh no. We have a whooooole "receipt filing" system that comes into play.

See, the building where I live requires everyone to provide copies of every single goddamn receipt for the every single thing you're writing off. Not only do they want each and every receipt - which is fine, since the taxman wants them too - but they must all be numbered and categorized according to their byzantine system, and photocopied and labeled with descriptions. It takes for-fucking-ever, hence the ten hours of un-fun. Between that and the early morning cat-sitting all week and the ridiculousness of electing to do my weekly grocery shop at Trader Joe's on a Saturday afternoon, I'm feeling... well, I'm basically just rolling round in a carpet of self-pity today so please bear with me.

And yes, I did eat almost an entire pan of No Pudge brownies while reading Beauty and the Geek fan sites. They are both so good - and yet, so bad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home