Friday, February 16, 2007

First off, I would force my enemies to rinse with Listerine significantly longer than the recommended thirty seconds

Scuffle, scuffle, scuffle. (Sound of rummaging)

There has got to be something interesting to write about in here. (Scuffle, scuffle, scuffle)

Nope, nothing here but some crumpled soymilk coupons and a wad of overused Kleenex. My life is dullsville, babies. Last night was spent sobbing over the season finale of Beauty and the Geek, followed by some mildly obsessive Googling. Seriously, they should film this shit, it is that interesting. Don't forget to capture the part where I eat half a box of Valentine's Day chocolates and the rest of the swedish fish, then go into a rage when I can't figure out how to turn down the volume on the laptop. Oscar caliber, that.

I've been reading a ton of young adult stuff lately (for the record, "young adult" is not code for "barely legal") because I have a glimmer of an idea for my own YA series. It's just in the baby step stage so I don't want to talk about it much but I figured I should start reading the genre so I know what the hell I'm actually trying to write. For the most part, the stuff I've read has been relatively uninspiring. Not that any of it has been bad (well, some of it has been bad) but nothing has really knocked my socks off.

Until I started reading this new book. Damn this thing's good. So good it kind of freaks me out and makes me want to throw in the towel because the girl writes so well. And while I know that writing is different than acting and that the competition is totally different, I still think I might need to injure her a little. (Just a little! A tiny, teensy little!) Sometimes I imagine what life would be like if I were a dictator. I think it's safe to say that I would be a menace.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

You might try Louise Rennison (I think that is how it is spelled) if you haven't already. She writes a series of books that are supposedly a peak in to the diary of a British teenage girl. I have read all but the most recent and they are pretty darn entertaining. I can't remember all of the titles but a couple are "Dancing in my Nuddy Pants", "Knocked out by my Nunga-Nunga's" There is one that has Angus and Full Frontal Snogging in the title as well.

5:49 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Oh yeah..if you become a dictator can I be your second in command. I am looking to have more of an advisroy position. I am too lazy for total control. Make sure that Listerene is the minty kind or else the person just winds up smelling like they hit the booze a lil' too much.

5:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home