Monday, February 19, 2007

Slim pickin's here today

Yesterday I saw a poster for the new Harry Potter movie and got awfully excited. Man, that J.K. Rowling is really something. As someone attempting to write her own book (so far - THREE PAGES! Three pages! Three... Only three pages?) I have a vague, vaaaaague, idea of how difficult it must have been to crank out that tome. Not to mention the fact that she wrote it while nannying. (Man, that kid must've slept a lot.)

On a completely unrelated and desperately uninteresting note, here's my new least favorite thing: low rise jeans. They're okay when I'm standing up but as soon as I sit, it's all about the muffin top. I always have to pull up the front of my pants in an attempt to squish the squish, which is about as awkward a maneuver as one can do (not to mention the fact that it leaves my lower back exposed, which is a bit breezy) and while I know can't be the only one dealing with this, I never notice anyone else tugging at their pants.

Anybody? Anybody?

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

I have had tremendous bad luck with the low-rise. Can't get a decent fit and no-one needs to see me like that. I constantly feel as if I am sporting the plumber look and it makes me absolutely crazy pulling up my pants every two minutes.

10:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, I've been in plumber hell too. I was fine when I was simply sitting in chairs with backs. Now I'm sitting on the floor playing with my infant daughter. As I bend over and such, everything pops out for a quick hello. My husband thinks it's funny to pinch my upper divide.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

MY UPPER DIVIDE! That's a keeper.

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home