Thursday, October 05, 2006

Don't I know you from somewhere?

So I shot the commercial yesterday which was good and fun and relatively uneventful, dammit. The people were really nice and they fed us well - always the sign of a good day. I'm praying that they don't recast it because it's supposed to take place at a beach and Ali needs a paid vay-cay. (Alas, the production house guy said that they almost always recast the demos which makes absolutely no sense to me, seeing as how they had two days of auditions followed by a day of callbacks where I think they saw EVERY SINGLE PERSON from the original audition. I mean, why spend all that time and money to recast when you're just going to audition the SAME 200 PEOPLE you saw the first time?)

But here's the big story: At the fitting there was this girl I totally knew. I couldn't quite place her but I knew that I knew her from somewhere. Tall, model-y, odd looking... And then it hit me -

APRIL FROM SEASON TWO OF AMERICA'S NEXT TOP MODEL!

I'm telling you, it took every ounce of restraint not to tackle her and force her to give me the skinny on the bitchfest that is Tyra Banks. Seriously, I was dying. I kept trying to figure out a unawkward way to bring up the fact that I'd seen her titties on national television (pixelated of course) but I couldn't figure out a smooth seguay. Unfortunately she wasn't in my commercial so I didn't have the shoot yesterday to weasel it out of her, which is probably for the best really. I wouldn't have been able to concentrate with that much potential gossip around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home