Thursday, September 21, 2006

I'm going to hel

Because I'm a big fan of money, I've agreed to participate in a little chunk of free cash I like to call "a focus group". I've done several of these over the years and let me tell you, if there's one thing I enjoy more than getting handed a wad of bills, it's being handed a wad of bills for being opinionated. I used to recruit for focus groups back in my Trend Forecasting days, so I know how to ace the pre-screen. This normally isn't a problem as long as we're discussing something I'm familiar with, like booze or snack bars, but occasionally I get a little overzealous and find myself attempting to talk advanced electronics with a gaggle of computer geeks. (You try to talk semi-intelligently about megapixels and giga-hoos when you barely know how to turn the damn thing on! Also known as "the longest two hours of my life".) But tonight's group is on fashion which is something I can easily bullshit my way through. Of course I had to present myself as someone who spends an inordinate amount of money on high-end fashion (pray they don't ask me to rattle off everything I own again she says, knowing full-well she won't remember a single answer she fibbed about in the pre-screen) so I'm borrowing a fancy bag from a friend and wearing my nicest "I shop, therefore I am" ensemble. $125 for two hours, plus free food? I'm so there.

2 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

So is hel with one "l" worse than the one with two?

10:41 PM  
Blogger Ali said...

Er, yes.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home