Friday, September 29, 2006

Hi.

Missy and I have started this sort of diet/exercise buddy thing. We email each other what we've eaten and how much we've exercised and cheer each other on. It's sort of like tracking points for Weight Watchers, minus the whole pesky points. Writing down what you eat each day makes it pretty clear where if you need to be eating more veggies and such. I'm getting a big kick out of it - not so much for the motivation part (although realizing that I'll have to 'fess up to eating an entire bag of Pirate's Booty in one sitting does make a person more inclined to stop. Not that I did) but mostly because I love lists and reading what somebody eats everyday is freaking fascinating. If anybody wants to join (I'm the only one who'll read it - don't worry), feel free to give a shout.

2 Comments:

Blogger jLow said...

Ali - I'm a calorie counter. It's the only thing that seems to work for me. My sad little list every day goes something like this:

Diet Dr Pepper = 0 cals
breakfast bar = 140 cals
pre-packaged lunch = 210 cals
Diet Dr Pepper = 0 cals
snack = 100 cals
pre-packaged dinner = 360 cals
water = 0 cals
snack = 100 cals

for a total of 910. Weekends are my cheat days so it makes it more bearable. Also, those mini 3 Musketeers help me make it through the week (did you know those little boogers are 25 calories EACH?)

Maybe it would just be easier to take up smoking (nasty!). I hear smokers would rather drag than eat.

10:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, love to eat Pirate Booty. It's like being right there on the poop deck - getting it all spic and span. So don't feel bad about tasting the old salt every now and again.

10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home