Sunday, September 03, 2006

Again I say, yuck.

I know this post won't interest you men but ladies, lemme hear you on this one:

Jessica Simpson and John Meyer.

Does this couple make anyone else throw up in their mouth a little? Seriously, I can't stand that guy. Granted, in interviews? Charming. His column in GQ? Surprisingly hilarious. That said, people can tell me he's a talented musician 'till the cows come home but alls I know is, he's the guy who wrote "Your Body Is A Wonderland", the most horrifying song next to that damn "Father and Daughters" song he came out with later. He appears to be all kinds of cuddly and woman-friendly but there's something about him that makes me want to punch him in the nose.

And she's... Jessica Simpson.

(I read an article where she admitted to getting Restylane injected into her lips and had to go into hiding because they were so big. I KNEW that was you walking by the Time Warner building, Jessica Simpson! I almost dismissed the sighting because her lips were so crazy - don't get me started on her skin color - but I'm happy to see that my celeb-u-dar is on point.)

Anyway, eesh.

(An amendment: This week's People has a cover shot of Jessica next to the words "I'm in love!" and it just seems cruel. I rarely feel for celebrities but imagine you're just starting to date a guy and you're really into him and all you want to do is play it cool, and all of a sudden there's People magazine shouting that you love the guy... I mean, how do you recover from that? It's gotta stink.)

4 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

It is that Bubblegum tongue line that turns me off that body wonderland song. Eeeeewwwww!

11:10 AM  
Blogger The Girl in Black said...

They strike me as very temporary, yet very compatible. I don't remember much about his music, and always interchange Mayer with Jason Mraz. Though Jessica may have finally found a guy creepy enough to match up to daddy.

What is it about Jennifer Love Hewitt that sends the men to trashy party blondes?

10:20 PM  
Blogger mmcwatters said...

It's times like these I'm glad I'm not up on my pop culture.

7:50 AM  
Blogger jLow said...

man . . . I am so glad I'm not the only one who thinks JS always looks orange. I was seriously worrying about my sight.

10:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home