Monday, August 21, 2006

Beep... Beep... Beep...

Dude, I won! I WON I WON I WON! I've never won anything before! (A fruit cake from the McCarter Elementary School Carnival Cake Walk doesn't count because nobody wins with inedible baked goods.)

There it was, on my machine - a message from a popular entertainment magazine telling me that I'd won the "Of Massive Proportions" GRAND PRIZE! Holy shit! Not only did I win a prize, I won a prize of massive proportions! A GRAND PRIZE OF MASSIVE PROPORTIONS! What could it be?! A spa weekend? A cruise? A trip somewhere... somewhere MASSIVE?! What could it be?!!

I won 4 tickets to Massive Attack at Roseland.

Who the hell are Massive Attack?

I don't recall entering a contest for tickets to this band. I'm sure they're great, but... I don't recall entering a contest for tickets to this band. I went online to see if I could get more info but all I discovered was that the value of the prize was $300. My first thought was "Can I scalp these and make $300?" but I figured that karma wouldn't be too happy about that when there were so many other people who would love tickets to... who are they again? Then I thought about going. I mean, grab a few friends, sneak up to the V.I.P. section (who knows? Maybe I'd be IN the V.I.P. section!), have a few laughs... But they're an electronica band. I barely made it though one repetitive, mind-numbing song on iTunes.

I'm gunning for a trade. Maybe the PrizeGuy will have some ballet tickets or wine tasting classes that are of no interest to the kids and will swap them for this electronica bullshit.

Still, it's cool to win.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home