Saturday, August 19, 2006

Celeb spotting! (I'm still hoping for a Santino.)

Two VERY exciting celebrity sightings, folks! Last weekend I crossed paths with none other than Voldemort himself, Ralph Fiennes. He was very tall and sweaty. He was also wearing a raggedy T-shirt and sweatpants and his hair was all sticky-uppy like he'd just come from the gym. My first thought (after "OHMYGODIT'STHEENGLISHPATIENTWHYDON'TIHAVE
ACAMERAPHONE?!") was that if he was your blind date, you wouldn't be all that psyched. Until he opened his mouth, that is. (English accents raise your attractiveness quotient by 60%, it's a proven fact.) He was almost, dare I say, nerdy. I read on Gawker that he was spotted a few minutes later at Balthazar, a chi-chi French bistro, with some young, well-dressed blonde. Obviously the dude doesn't need to dress to impress.

Then today while returning home from my weekly grocery run I saw my new favorite (and unfortunately former) Project Runway-er, Malan! Yes, Malan of the unusual teeth and indeterminate accent! He was wearing a lovely beige suit (was there a pocket square? I'm thinking so!) which attracted a fair amount of attention. (It's not often you see someone wearing a suit in 85 degree weather in the middle of Hell's Kitchen.) He gave me a small grin which, after an overly enthusiastic thumbs up from my end, immediately became his trademark full-on, scrunchy-face smile.

As creepy as that smile is (and oh boy, is it) I will say that in person seems awfully endearing. He was SO happy that I recognized him, so unabashedly excited, so filled with glee - I mean, who's gonna rain on that?! He was also headed to Chipotle while wearing a highly stainable suit which won him an endless amount of points in my book. I can't tell you how close I came to following him in. The inevitable napkin arranging would've been well worth the price of a burrito.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home