Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Look at me! Look at me!

Not to sound like a self-congratulatory ass-wipe, but days like this don't come along very often and since I've still got two more hours before my life turns back into a pumpkin, check out my slippers, man!

So I got a call out of the blue yesterday from CBS. CB-muthafucking-S! Home of Survivor and... other shows! I'd sent out my headshot last week so I could pretend that I was being proactive with my so-called career and sweet googly-moogly, someone actually opened their mail! And then somebody actually picked up the phone! And THEN somebody asked me, Alisha McKinney, to read for the LEAD IN A NEW SITCOM!

To put this into perspective for all you non-thespians out there, this is roughly the equivalent of sending a letter to the Brad Pitt Fan Club asking for a date - and then getting one. It just doesn't happen. Except that today it did.

And I didn't meet with some low-level assistant, neither. Head of East Coast casting, peeps! Suffice it to say, I'm not heading to Hollywood yet. Still, it went surprisingly well. (The phrase "fantastic actress" and "definitely calling you in for other things" might've been bandied about. Frankly, anything that doesn't end with the cursory "Thanks for coming in" or me pooping myself, I call a victory.)

And as if that weren't enough, I got a call from my commercial people; I'm on hold for another commercial. Verizon. National network, kids. National muthafucking network.

Today, I am awesome.

Tomorrow, back to normal.

8 Comments:

Blogger â‚¬lisavet said...

congratulations!

11:24 PM  
Blogger The Girl in Black said...

You go, girl! Straight to Hollywood, hopefully!

Congratulations! Sounds like a none-too-shabby way to start the week. Good luck!

11:47 PM  
Blogger jLow said...

. . . and I thought my day was fantabulous because the feed store got in more rye hay for my horses (we're in a drought out here, people). How hick am I??

CONGRATS, A-MAC!! Quick, send me an autograph before you get all famous and wearing big shades and shoving little people like me to the curb so you don't have to sign my pitiful little scrap of paper.

10:23 AM  
Blogger jLow said...

And don't think that your fame in any way allows you to go slacker on your blog!!

10:24 AM  
Blogger Keeley said...

You *do* realize that if you get this sitcom lead, that you must immediately join the Scientologists, right?

10:38 AM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Yay for you!! Brilliant! When you write your "How I became famouos" memoir, you must allow me to agent it, ok?

10:41 AM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Wow. Just Wow. I will be thinking postive thoughts for you and hoping that when you are ridiculously wealthy you will invite Kayla and I to come stay in your villa on the Mediterranean.

1:21 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

That is awesome! I will get cable again for that!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home