Monday, June 12, 2006

I covet that gravy bowl, Stef.

Last night I curled up with one of the cats, my Ceveris obsession and a half a box of cookies for the 60th Annual Tony Awards. It was, as they say, a little.. erm...

Meh.

Now I know me some theater folk. Considering the fact that there were roughly 6,000 queens and chorus girls packed in a room together, I expected a little more fizz (or color or cuntyness or something). Rumor has it they thought about having Dame Edna host this year but worried that (s)he'd be too gay. Which begs the question, "Is it even possible to be too gay when you're handing out theatre awards?"

My Cerveris didn't win which was (unfortunately) unshocking. But the wife of my former catering captain did which was pretty great. I was a little surprised to see John in a tux, though. I mean the man wears a polyester penguin suit every day. I kept waiting for him to point me towards sanit.

Spent the day with my dear friend Stefanie at her fantastic bridal shower. (Dude, why didn't I have one of these? They're awesome!) Her friend Mara lives in an enormous loft down in Chinatown, which is why it took me about two hours to find it. (I got to see two Chinese weddings and several enormous jars full of unidentifiable sea food - Is that octopus? - on my way there, though.) The best part about Mara's place? She lives above an illegal Chinese gambling parlor! If you think I didn't peek inside, you don't know me at all. Lots of old men, flourescent lights and crates of Heinekin. Scandalous.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home