Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Don't try this at home, kids.

I thought I'd written about this but apparently not.

You know, I honestly wasn't that shocked. I mean it's never good to spike your rival's drink (unless you really, really want the part) but I totally remember the frenzy of high school drama. Take the year that a certain overly dramatic Sophomore got the lead in her high school's production of The Glass Menagerie over certain Seniors... Whoo, the shit hit the fan over that one! I think a couple of Seniors ended up boycotting over it. (That's right, Seniors! Bow to your UNDERLING! I'm talking to you, Alicia Brende!) Anyways, while I'm certainly not condoning spiking your opponent's soda with Draino, I'm... I'm... not sure where I'm going with this, actually. But I can guaran-damn-tee that the lead role in a play called "HA!" is not worth hard time.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dan G said...

Dude, you were totally a junior.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

I was about to disagree with Dan, but decided to check my facts first(my source is the The Chevalier '89 Stairway to the Future)and indeed Glass Menagerie was Junior year.

Took me a while to be able to write this comment. The first page I turned to happened to have the DORKIEST picture of Miller holding a debate trophy. I had to stop laughing my ass off first.

Why was he perceived as such a dude again?

Anyone?

10:47 AM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Missy - You SOOOO don't want to ask ME that question...

Anyway, Ali, I hear you. As a sophmore, I got the lead in Godspell. And it was the Spring show, so it was the LAST show for the seniors that year, who were a tightly knit group of very talented folks. They hated me and made no attempt to hide it. But, I was Jesus, so I just turned them all into lepers. Bwah-ha-ha!!

Oh, wait, I think I just figured out where my God complect came from...

1:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home