Saturday, June 03, 2006

It's all about me.

It's been pretty crappy here the last few days. Biblical amounts of rain (was that a pair of camels?) accompanied by, lookee here! More rain! So to perk myself up, I present the May* issue of THINGS ALISHA LOVES:

- Amy's Roasted Vegetable Pizza (I know it doesn't have cheese. Be adventurous.)
- Mr. Softee (A brief story about Mr. Softee: For those who don't know, Mr. Softee is the ice cream of the summer months here in NYC. You'll find one of their ubiquitous white trucks parked on every block offering an assortment of frozen delights. Up until now I was able to ignore the siren song of soft serve, figuring that anything sold out of a truck couldn't possibly taste like anything other than ass. But I'll tell you right now, if ass tasted this good I'd be... stopping this sentence right here. Another ridiculous assumption? That "soft" equals "low-cal". Damn you, rainbow sprinkles!)
- Freaks and Geeks (How is it possible that this show was cancelled after only one season? So funny. The theme song is funnier than half the crap on NBC.)
- Peonys
- Sondheim (Specifically when sung by a certain Michael Cerveris, who should stop trying trying to write his own music because it just embarrasses everyone involved and stick to being pretty.)
- Dove Ice Cream (Have you tried this stuff? Not only is it Dove ice cream, not only is it filled with brownies and caramel and cookies and such, but it's covered in freaking GANACHE. Insane.)
- Cupcakes and Burgers (I haven't actually tried this is a place yet but it just opened up a few blocks from my apartment and with a name like that you're crazy if you think I'm not popping my head in.)
- Dr. Who (I'm referring to the new series, featuring my former - well, mostly former - imaginary boyfriend Mr. Christopher Eccleston. Sure, the first few episodes were crap. And so were a few in the middle. But for the most part the series is irresistably fun. Apparently Christopher - he lets me call him that - is gone after this season which will inevitably lead to much thrashing and gnashing of teeth - at least on my end.)

So, found anything good lately?


* Yes I know it's June.

5 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Just last night the hubby and I indulged in a pint of Ben and Jerry's Brownie Batter Ice Cream.

Those men are Brillant I tell you B-R-I-L-L-I-A-N-T.

2:05 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

Brownie BATTER?

I hadn't seen that yet! I'm still stuck in the cookie dough stone ages.

Time to modernize I think...

2:26 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

It was the first I had seen it myself. Found it at Price Chopper. I HIGHLY recommend it. Of course I have yet to met a pint of Ben and Jerry's I didn't like.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben & Jerry's also has some great new combos - half chocolate brownie & half cherry Garcia in the same pint! Fantastic!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

I just bought some Starbucks Ice Cream. That's right; Coffee Ice Cream. Haven't tried it yet, but it should go well with the Chocolately Chocolate Cake that I'm getting for my Birthday Tonight...

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home