Saturday, February 11, 2006

The ickiest conversation I've ever heard.

I overhear a lot of conversations in this city. I always feel a little dirty, knowing that I am not the intended audience but I figure that's the price people pay for airing their dirty laundry in public. I also don't believe in the phrase, "Too much information". When I'm talking and someone says that to me - especially if it's accompanied by and eye roll and/or hand wave - I don't tend to stay friends with them very long.

That said, yesterday I overheard a conversation that offered way, way too much information.

I was standing in line at the bank when two women came charging in, having an extremely loud argument over whether or not one women should "get rid" of her (I assume unborn) baby.

There is nothing funny about abortion. It wasn't a funny conversation. I mean, this is what's commonly known as a Big Talk. But there was something about the fact that, not only were these women having an extremely private conversation in public, they were shouting about it. IN LINE AT A BANK. No one was sure what to do. I mean, you can't exactly tell them not to have an (extremely private) conversation in public, but they were both so casual about it. It was just so surreal... (I think that's the word I mean. Or maybe I just mean "awful".)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home