Wednesday, February 01, 2006

The State of the Union is "sucky".

So last night I had one of those stupid dreams that are par for the course when living in a terrorist-target. The standard towers-are-falling-everything-scary sort of deals that made me wake up all anxietified. That combined with seeing Stefanie's (fabulous) play got me thinking that it might be time to put together an emergency bag. They're always telling New Yorkers to have a Go Bag with Power Bars and 6 gallon jugs of water and $300 in small bills (like I have a spare $300) but it's just always seemed like such an effort. Then there's the issue of where exactly one should go with their Go Bag. We live on an island. I don't have a car - and even if I did, I saw the Katrina evacuation. Please, nobody's going nowhere. Does anybody actually have a plan? Or a bag? The sweet woman I babysit for told me I could come to her folks in Jersey but there's the small issue of getting to Jersey. Should I swim? And what if there's an emergency and you're not home to get your Go Bag?

Anybody got anything?

4 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

I think things like emergency bags rank right up there with bomb shelters built in your back yard or stockpiling supplies for Y2K; there is a fine line between being prepared and being paranoid. I prefer to trust in my own resourcefulness to make it "on the fly" if a disaster should occur.

10:20 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

Yeah that extra $300 in ones would be gone in a hurry.

11:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here's the answer to your nightmare - move out of New York, preferably somewhere within driving distance of your Mother's house. There - problem solved.

12:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here, here! I can't agree more with the comment posted by the individual who calls herself "mom".

5:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home