Thursday, January 26, 2006

'Splaination

There are few phrases more beautiful to my ears than this one:

"I'll have the interns do it."

That's right! That's right! Make those poor suckers do my crap work! Man, when you have interns, you know you've made it. I don't have interns of my very own yet, but I'm hopeful. Actually it's probably for the best that I don't. They'd start out doing legit stuff like looking up Altlanta neighborhoods and cross streets (that shit is te-di-ous) but pretty soon they'd be picking up my dry cleaning and brushing my cats, I just know it.

So editing. Yes. Here's the deal: I get paid per piece. The more edits I do, the more money I make. And since this only lasts until Feb. 1st, I'm burning the candle at both ends. Sitting on the subway? Edit. Kid on the crapper? Edit. The restaurant reviews take some time because, almost without exception, I'm having to do full-on rewrites. Luckily the beauty blurbs come quick - I can usually bust through 10-20 an hour. It's damn good money.

I'll hit this harder once the job is done. In the meantime, every minute I'm not editing, I'm not getting paid...

2 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

Wow. Maybe I could be an editor...

4:46 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Thanks Lucy! (Said in a Cuban Accent)

10:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home