Monday, January 16, 2006

MUST... MOCK...

So Thursday night I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting. You know, it wasn't half bad. I'm not sure what I expected (actually, I know exactly what I expected: AA. You know - church basement, semi-circle of chairs, clusters of anxious looking women huddled around a gigantic silver coffee urn. Maybe a blackboard with helpful affirmations like "It's Just Food, Not Love"...) but it was actually pretty sociable. Our "leader" (their term) was requisitely Simmons-ish and seemingly addicted to his packet of BRAVO! stickers. (You sneezed? BRAVO!) Everyone was an assortment of sizes. Most had been coming for years; all had lost pretty significant amounts of weight. One guy lost 38 lbs in 3 months, which seems a little extreme to me, but really, there's not much to say. Or rather, there's not much to mock. Damn it. It seems healthy. It's totally inexpensive. I felt no pressure to buy anything. Where's the glinty-eyed salespeople? Where's the... I don't know... ridiculousness?! Aside from being a bitch-on-wheels for the first two days because I was on the wrong plan, I feel good. Which kind of pisses me off, dammit.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dan G said...

Have I really not seen you in so long that you got fat?

12:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, from the last picture she sent us, she has the figure of a svelte Laura Bush.

9:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude, you said bush. huh huh

9:57 PM  
Blogger Ted Carter said...

Oh yeah, Dan, she's huge. Got to weight at least 57 pounds.

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home