Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Power is my friend.

I used to do bar reviews which was great except that I was paid so little that I'd spend all my earnings on the friggin' drink. So I stopped. But now my editor is handling reviews for eight different cities and asked for my help.

Friends, I have found my calling.

I loves being the boss! I may not be good at the important things like math or understanding political infastructures (infostructures? Gah!), but snarking out in 150 words or less? Please, I'm queen. Plus editing takes a fraction of the time it took to write an original. I'm seriously hoping that this become a full-ish time gig because that, as they say, would be SWEET.

5 Comments:

Blogger Ted Carter said...

So you like editing, huh? Good to know someone does; I've always hated it. Maybe that's why my attempts to become a writer have always failed...

10:55 AM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Way to go!! Let me know if you need more writers, my dear!

7:14 PM  
Blogger Valerie said...

BTW infrastructure

This is very cool, so you can buy more drinks now?

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. I envy you. I've always wanted to be an editor. I practically read the newspaper with red pen in hand. Hell, I even edit what people SAY, let alone what they WRITE. Good luck to you! (If you know of any editorial concerns who do outsourcing, let me know!)

8:04 AM  
Blogger Ali said...

Hey ktbuffy! Right now they have me editing reviews from Boston and Atlanta, but if I start working on NYC stuff I'll certainly let you know. Thanks for the offer of help!

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home