Tuesday, October 09, 2007

FYI: Bret and Jes totally broke up

So here's the problem with trying to maintain a non-pregnancy related blog: I have nothing to talk about. Which, as someone who's concerned about becoming identity-free once she's a parent, is vaguely horrifying. I should be filled with things to say! (I've started a writer's group! The Rockefeller Center ice skating rink opened, regardless of the fact that it was 82 degrees! I recently ate the world's worst almond croissant!) But instead I'm sitting here staring at the screen, wondering if I can possibly squeak out another Rock of Love entry. (Trust me, I so, so could.) This is leading to some serious self-loathing, peeps.

When did I stop caring about my career? Why do I find myself obsessing over baby names and yelling at childrearing books? (The Magical Child anyone?) How can people spend $10,000 a month on a three-bedroom apartment? When did I become boring?

Did I mention that my belly button's about to pop?

3 Comments:

Blogger Missy said...

Wow! You started a writer's group? That sounds pretty exciting to me.

In case no one told you...parenting and being in the process of becoming a parent especially for the first time is a bit all consuming for many people.

B.H. and I were shocked that Heather actually looked...dare I say it??? Almost presentable at the reunion show. It was a little disappointing really. I didn't feel my usual urge to grab a shovel to take off the copious amounts of eye makeup she usually wears. And Jes...I totally loved the way she told Bret how it is.

Hmmmm.....maybe I should examine my own boringness!

9:09 PM  
Blogger The Girl in Black said...

Criminy, the was Jes told it, they didn't even date! How can they expect someone to pretend to the steady of someone they were to stay away from for six months? Granted, Bret Michaels isn't one to move heaven and earth to obtain, but still!

I missed the first part with the ditzy twins. They are presumably his new girlfriends?

9:32 PM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

You're not boring! I mean, what about the rest of us who don't have the excuse of pregnancy, and still can't find anything important to blog about?

10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home