Tuesday, September 11, 2007



Aside from Britney's tragic turn at the VMAs (caught it on YouTube but could only bear to watch the first few minutes) it's been a slow week here. Still nursing a bad back, still incubating... I did try a new flavor of Haagen-Dazs - Aztec Chocolate - so that was exciting.

In other words, I need a goddamn hobby.

Writing used to work but now that I can't sit OR stand for more than a few minutes at a time (oh my achin' back! oh my achin' legs!) it's tough to eek out more than the occasional blog entry. Still, I gots to get over it. If Chuck Close can do shit like this with a paintbrush in his mouth, I can do something. Right?

Right?

Until I figure what that is, anybody catch this week's Rock of Love? (I'm talking to you, X.) Say what you will about Bret Michaels (please, say what you will!) but sometimes he utters something so priceless, so breathtakingly absurd, it bears repeating. And repeating and repeating. The topic - strippers:

"See, the thing is, you have to deal with what I call "pole emotions". Meaning, how to get them off that pole - and onto my pole."

Bear in mind that this was said with a completely straight face. Now that, friends, is good television.

4 Comments:

Blogger Woman with a Hatchet said...

Why is Britney wearing underwear on stage and why are those other women ogling her cleavage?

I think my eyes hurt.

Finding something to do in a semi-prone position is tough. I've been hanging with a laptop and reading the archives of my favorite blogs. That's good for days. And, by the time you're done you feel like a stalker!

Bonus!

: )

10:06 AM  
Blogger Missy said...

That line from ROL was the BEST BEST BEST. Oh how I Laughed. I think Bret has really missed his calling. With his understanding of he complex emotions of strippers, I think he needs to go get licensed and open up his own practice counseling strippers. He would just have to be careful about them getting on his pole. Licensing boards frown on that sort of behavior. Maybe he could get his own show and be the Dr. Phil for strippers.
Just imagine!

2:06 PM  
Blogger ...Sharon said...

Hey, regarding the hobby thing... you would make a GREAT designer of maternity clothes! Do some drawings and stir some folks up. Then once the 'possum is born you can start with designing GREAT baby clothes; you'll soon recognize the shortcomings of that whole world. (man, you could take the slut and thugs out of children's apparel)
Seriously. You have such great style.

Hope you feel better soon,
-AuntShermie

3:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

As you can tell, I have converted Missy to my ways. Because ROL makes me ROFL. My favorite part? When the stripper decides to go ahead and eat dinner although there's a pool of Brandi's vomit right next to her. That's some class.

9:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home