Thursday, August 16, 2007

Please tell me it's white mink...


I've had this going through my head for approximately eighty-two hours now:
"Eeeeev-ry ROSE has it's thohn,
Jus' like eeeeev-ry night has it's dohn,
Just' like eeeeev-ry cowboy sings a sad, sa-ahd song,
Eeeev-ry ROSE has it's thohn"

Seriously, it won't leave my brain. 3:30 am, getting up to pee ("Eeeeev-ry ROSE has it's thohn..."), sitting in the park, surrounded by screaming children ("Jus' like eeeev-ry night has it's dohn..."). I blame myself. No one's forcing me to watch Rock of Love with Bret Michaels on VH-1 where this particular ditty is looped non-stop in an attempt to remind viewers that Bret Michaels was once famous, but that doesn't make it any easier to take. (The not-good singing! The unnatural rhyme scheme! The man's obsession with bandanas!) I was walking around the house humming it and torturing the cats (whenever I sing, Val puts her ears flat against her head and gets a look on her face like, "What is that HORRIBLE SOUND?!") which led to a rousing debate between Matt and I over the title for Worst Song Ever Written. While "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" has its problems, Matt pointed out that it's no match for "Unskinny Bop". I hold firm that the WSER, hands down, is George Harrison's "I've Got My Mind Set On You". Get that fucker in your head and it's there for months.

Anyway, WSER. Thoughts?

(X, did you check out the leopard duster on last week's episode? Genius...)

4 Comments:

Blogger ktbuffy said...

I'm going to have to immediately listen to a lot of other music very very loudly, otherwise i WILL have that George Harrison (or was it the Traveling Wilburys?) song stuck in my head. And then I will come to your house and sing it to YOU.

12:14 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

You know the gift ideas I have for X this year just from watching that show make each hour I spend viewing worth even more.

If anyone has a line on these animal print dusters you HAVE to let me know.

I have to give some thought to WSE..there are so many delightful choices I could name...

2:47 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Oh yeah, I bet those bandanas are to cover the hair plugs.

2:48 PM  
Blogger X said...

Hv nt sn Brt Mkls. 2 bz w/ skool.
:(

WSER? - hw bt Mntrs' Sndwch of Lv?

9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home