Tuesday, September 04, 2007

This might only be funny to the actors out there...


So we've all seen this video, right? The one where Miss South Carolina makes a total asshat out of herself on national television? I'll admit that I have a pronounced prejudice against the undereducated and overly tanned so watching this ridiculous, Southern, most-likely-Republican beauty queen go down in flames was a bit of a dream come true.

Then I overheard this conversation between a well-dressed businessman and a cashier at my local Trader Joe's...

Businessman: "You know what they say, 'To thine own self be true'."
Cashier: "Who said that?"
Businessman (sighing heavily): "It was in the Bible."

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That only proves what good old Abe Lincoln used to say: The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

(He said that right after he landed on the moon.)

8:47 PM  
Blogger Woman with a Hatchet said...

Hah!

Please, please tell me that you told those two off and mentioned Willy Shakes? Please?!

Reminds me of Checkoff (sp?) from Star Trek insisting that Shakes was Russian. All good things are/were.

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home