Friday, August 31, 2007

Off to the doc.

So I've returned and all is well, aside from the fact that I've pinched the femoral nerve in my lower back. Big pain. BIG. I've been living on Tylenol and prayer for the past two weeks but the mind-blowing discomfort seems content to stick around. I was hoping I could get insurance to pay for prenatal massage but it's a no-go. They'll pay for a baby nurse if I elect to leave the hospital early but severe back pain? Suck it up, chick.

My trip to St. Louis was lovely. Well, seeing the family was lovely, as was eating my weight in frozen custard. The city itself... Sure I'm a certified, citified snob (organic food! Parabens! SUVs!) but I'm a Midwesterner at heart - which makes the fact that you couldn't pay me to move back to Missouri even sadder. There is much gnashing of teeth over our choice to stay in NYC and I totally understand why, but I can't shake the fact that St. Louis is now the murder capital of the United States. Nobody believes me when I say we feel safer walking around the streets of NYC than I do in Topeka or St. Louis but it's really true. At least here there's always someone around. That someone might be peeing on the street but at least they're there. Granted, there's the nagging threat of getting blowed up, but at least I won't get carjacked. Or shot. Or forced to eat at White Castle.

Anybody know any interesting, affordable college towns?

4 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Denver.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Woman with a Hatchet said...

Colorado's other upside is NO HUMIDITY.

You'll need to drink your body weight in water to make up for it, but you don't have to swim through the air.

11:23 PM  
Blogger ktbuffy said...

Denver! Denver! Denver! Move to Denver with me!!

12:49 PM  
Blogger Missy said...

Now for loyalty sake I have to cast a vote for Lawrence.

AND I will mention the really cool houses that are up for sale in my own neighborhood for very reasonable prices.

While T-town is by no stretch of the imagination a college town, you could easily pretend in my neck of the woods since we are within very reasonable walking distance of a university.

I'm just sayin'...

11:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home