Saturday, March 17, 2007

The pretzel croissant didn't rock me.

As I grabbed a pretzel croissant this morning at City Bakery, I overheard a snippet of madness. It was between a woman (roughly fifty, long, well-maintained silver hair, expensive everything) and the young Korean foreign exchange student she was tutoring.

Rich lady: "See, in THIS COUNTRY we have something called a PRE-NUP-TU-AL AGREEMENT"

Student: "Ah, yes!"

Rich lady: "And my son, he makes A LOT OF MONEY"

Student: "Ah, what does he do?"

Rich lady: "He's in something called INTELLECTUAL ARCHITECTURE"

... and that's where she realized I was totally listening and lowered her "I know you don't speak English so I'll enunciate as if you're deaf" tone. Which is a shame really, because I am dying to know what "intellectual architecture" is.

Which leads me to Knowledge Nugget #9:
Why didn't I study intellectual architecture?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home