Monday, November 27, 2006

All I want for Christmas is a winning lottery ticket.

Ah, Christmas. Christmaschristmaschristmas. I'm finding this holiday season a bit... less-than. Perhaps it's the Spring-like temperatures or the fact that I'm trying to stretch my last $11 over three days (don't worry, mom. I get paid soon) but I can't seem to whip myself into a Christmas froth this year. The tree vendors have started unpacking their wares which is nice (I live for a good pine-scented sniff) but even the trees seem a little depressed, sagging on the sidewalk in the heat.

I've decided that, this year, all my gifts are going to be homemade. I figure if I start now, I'll be... who am I kidding.

I have an intense love/hate for those Black Friday articles; the ones about people camping out in front of Best Buy for eighteen hours so they can buy a $50 television. The snobtastic part of me looooves to laugh at the yokels, with their baseball caps and their beer cozies and their "I got a $50 TV!" But the other part of me - the Banana Republic sale rack/giant box of toilet paper part - knows that if they did something like that at, say, Anthropologie I'd be beyond there. People'd TOTALLY camp out for that. (And by "people", I mean "me".)

What's the farthest you've ever gone for a bargain? (I'm not saying I've got a closet full of TP, I'm just... you know.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I say TP for all!! If you go that route, then you are totally ahead of the game. Think about it - kids love it because they get to use their imagination. Adults love it because - well - they have to for sanitary reasons.

3:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I who love to shop have done almost all of my shopping online the past two years. I am sorry but this girl does not go and wait anywhere at 5 AM for no bargain.

Now I have done some real convincing myself that something is a bargain when it probably really isn't. Does that count for anything?

My excitement about Christmas this year is all about the week I have taken off from work between Christmas and New Years. We got no plans that week either. I am footloose and fancy free my friend!

10:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home